Numerous of our realizations were built upon customers' requirements.
Our Solixon A-1525-V-LC equipments consist in arrays of Lumixo light engines. The complete machine is then built for the targeted illuminated area specified by the customer.
Thanks to our Lumixo light engines, the illuminated area of these machines benefits from a continuous and stable irradiation. Solixon A-1525-V-LC equipments can be ordered with a light spectrum of Class A. Our classic systems typically meet the Class AAA required for most of the testing standards specifications.
All our machines are constructed to give an easy access to the illuminating chamber. Furthermore, they come with a network interface to allow remote control of the installation.
(*) according to the IEC-60904-9 standard.
On the other hand, the Solixon units are built for solar simulation. They thus rely on a thorough thermal engineering to reach 25°C on the sample holder, required to meet the Standard Testing Conditions (STC), as per IEC 60904-9.
Solxion A-1525-V-LC combine the functions of Solar Simulator, Light Soaking and Thermal Tester under light load in one unit.
• Maximum power determination (MPP) test (MQT 02) according to IEC 61215-2:2016 & IEC 61646:2008 norms
• Measurement of temperature coefficient test (MQT 04) according to IEC 61215-2:2016 & IEC 61646:2008 norms
• Performance at STC and NMOT (MQT 06) according to IEC 61215-2:2016 & IEC 61646:2008 norms
• Hot-spot endurance test (MQT 09) according to IEC 61215-2:2016 & IEC 61646:2008 norms
• Light soaking test according to IEC 61646:2008 norm
• Stabilization (MQT 19) according to IEC 61215-2:2016 norm
|ex: Solixon A-1323-V-LC||Solixon||A-||13||23-||V-||LC|
|Solixon (Solar Simulator & Light Soaker combined)||•|
|Spectrum: Class A||•|
|Active surface dimensions (height and width in dm)||•||•|
|Sample orientation: Vertical||•|
|Limitied mesurement Capabilities: Yes||•|
Example of Solar Simulator and Light Soaker tester combined, spectrum class A with on an active surface of 1.3 x 2.3 m.
The light engine is a “Xenonless Xenon” lamp system. The light engine is based on plasma lamp.
This lamp equips the new generation of maintenance free solar simulator.
The advantages of plasma lamp are:
- Sun spectrum class A according IEC60904-9 without filter (Reduce maintenance cost)
- Life time up to 40’000 hours (warranty 20’000 hours) (Reduce maintenance cost)
- No shift spectrum (Increase quality test)
- No light flux reduction (Increase quality test)
Comprehensive documentation is provided with the system, including operation manual, software manual, and the necessary electrical and mechanical schematics for maintenance.
No particular safety means are necessary for system operation. Direct view to the light source is prevented by the system design. UV protection glass is provided with the system.
I-V System professional
Our I-V System Pro is built around the well-known Kepco Bop bi-polar power supply and 3 Agilent DMMs to realize high quality data acquisition on current, voltage and reference cell. These proven instruments have all it takes to measure IV-curves (both dark and illuminated) on solar cells and modules.
The current range is ±4A, where the voltage range is ±100V. Other ranges are available on request. When measuring solar cells, it is very important to use a thermostated sample holder, to avoid measurement due to thermal drift of the sample.
Another important parameter for solar cell metrology is the temperature. A high precision, class A Pt100 temperature sensor including computer interface (USB) is included with this professional I-V System.
Please note that the Tracer I-V Curve Software is required to operate the I-V System professional.
- Kepco Bop bi-polar power supply (electronic load)
- 3 x Agilent digital multi-meter (DMM)
- Instrument for measuring I-V curves (both dark and illuminated)
- Current ±1A (other ranges are available on request.)
- Voltage range ±100V (other ranges are available on request)
- Including GPIB interface
- Including class A Pt100 temperature sensor with USB computer interface
I-V Measurement Software
A powerful software named Tracer, controlling the electronic load, allows a user-friendly operation, going from simple current-voltage (I-V) plot tracing to more advanced device characterization. It seems logical for this measurement to use a standard power supply, because a power supply is normally used to provide a variable voltage and current. Unfortunately, this would not work for solar cells.
A solar cell generates current, so you will need to have a power supply that sinks this generated current instead of provide it. This can be done with a so called bi-polar power supply (or electronic load). This is a power supply that can sink and source current at both positive and negative voltages. There are many instruments on the market that can be used a such a bi-polar power supply. Some of them are just bi-polar power supplies while others integrate measurement and control capabilities as well.
Tracer will let you define and setup a system based on different instruments to measure your I-V curves. You can add multiplexers to automatically measure multiple cells by using one single measurement system, implement contact checking and measure monitoring solar cells.
Some examples of the supported hardware:
- Keithley 2400 series
- Keithley 2600 series
- HACKL Electronic Loads
- Kepco BOB
- B&K Electronic Loads
- Toellner loads info
- EKO MP-180 Curve Tracer
- National Instruments Data Acquisition
- MODBUS / Ethernet controlled instruments
Of course Tracer natively supports the control of all Keithley 2400 and 2600 series SourceMeters. These instruments have proven their strength over time for the measurement of solar cells. They range from 0.1fA – 20 Amperes.
Tracer is developed with the latest Microsoft.NET Technology, which resulted in a modern ‘Microsoft Office' look and feel. A stable operation on the Microsoft Windows platform is guaranteed (Vista or higher).
Other popular platforms like Linux and MacOS will be supported in the future.
Reference Si solar cell
The standard crystalline silicon reference cell manufactured by ReRa is a high-quality precision sensor for the determination of solar simulator irradiance levels. ReRa uses the Radboud University Nijmegen PV Measurement Facility to calibrate the cells indoor. The calibration is done against an established set of reference cells calibrated at NREL and Fraunhofer ISE. These references are measured each year at the spectroradiometer and broadband intercomparison to ensure traceability.
- Lower cost reference cell
- Calibrated against traceable reference set
- Irradiance and temperature readout
- Protective Quartz (standard) or Schott KG glass window
- Compatible with the Tracer I-V software
- Open and shunted version available
- Several filter options (KG# window) to match spectral response, KG number to be specified at order.
- Including full calibration report (I-V curve plot, Isc, Voc, Impp, Vmpp, Fill Factor and Efficiency)
- Including cables to connect reference cell in a 4 wires configuration
- Including protective suitcase
- Shunted Silicon Reference Cell
- Open Silicon Reference Cell
All reference cells can be ordered with a KG3 or KG5 window for measurements of specific cell materials.
- KG3 window
- KG5 window
Ask for a quotation
Our engineering team is looking forward to receiving your inquiry, and is ready to assist you in determining the best equipment for your application. Send us a quotation request by clicking the "Ask For a Quotation" button above. Feel free to use the comment textfield for telling about your requirements.
- Unit type :
- Solar Simulator / Light soaker
- Light Spectrum :
- Class A
- Spectrum certification :
- Our equipment is certified by third parties having Swiss calibration certification
- Light Uniformity :
- Class A
- Light Stability :
- Class A
- Light Source :
- Lumixo light engine Array
- Lamp lifetime :
- Up to 40'000 hours (20'000 hours warranty), serviceable
- Total illuminated area :
- Standard units have 1.5 m x 2.5 m
- Sample type :
- All PV technologies
- Sample area :
- Upon request, from 30 cm to 3.0 m or more
- Sample thickness :
- Accept any modules thickness
- Sample temperature target :
- 25°C to 50°C
- Illumination non-uniformity :
- Better than 2%
- Irradiance stability :
- STI < 0.5% & LTI < 2%
- Light engine cooling :
- Forced air ventilation
- Software :
- Lamp control and monitoring: lamp and sample holder temperature, light intensity
- Dimensions :
- Mass :
- Structure :
- Electromagnetic compatibility :
- RoHS conformity :
- Yes, conform with RoHS requirements
- CE conformity :
- Warranty :
- 24 months
- Options :
- X-Y irradiance uniformity mapper. Sample holder: recirculating air-cooled or water cooled aluminium plate.